Sin, Temptation, and Worldliness
Many of our neighbors have a poor gauge of what kind of dress is appropriate. In fact, the things that some of them leave the house wearing is downright shameful! Unfortunately, because we see these things day in and day out, our judgment can begin to drift, as the attire of some of our own brothers and sisters all too clearly reveals.
The Bible teaches us principles that help us both to don modest clothing that is not a temptation to our neighbors and to possess an attitude that glorifies God. So then, before you head out in a tank top or a short skirt, and before you hit the beach in your swimming trunks or your itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini, take a listen to these lessons on modesty and appropriate attire.
- The Modest Mind (Stephen Russell)
- Respectable Apparel (Stephen Russell)
- Proper Clothing (Stephen Russell)
- Clothed by God’s Standards (Stephen Russell)
- Basic Modesty (Stephen Russell)
- The Shame of Nakedness (Marshall McDaniel)
- Departing Exhortations, Part 2 (John R. Gibson)
- Modest Dress 1: Modesty of the Heart (Lonnie Oldag)
- Modest Dress 2: Influence on Others (Lonnie Oldag)